Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Club Requirements

Due to the large number of students interested in joining the Photography Club, there are going to be certain requirements that you must fill in order to participate in the club. Please read the information below and follow the instructions.

CLUB REQUIREMENTS--- In order to participate in club activities on October 14, you must complete the following by October 14.

1. You must pay the $5.00 club dues to Mrs. Millsap in room 115. You can see me between classes or after school.

2. You must complete a photography portfolio. The portfolio must consist of the following:
a). The pictures can be either printed and put into a folder/book of some sort. Or you can go to a free photo hosting website, such as jalbum.net and create your portfolio online.

b). You must include 6 to 10 samples of your photographs. You must include the following pictures: a nature photograph, an action shot (example: football player running), a portrait of someone (example: a posed shot with someone looking at the camera), a mugshot of someone (this is just of their face), the bookbag picture you were assigned to take, and a really bad photograph you have taken. You may include additional pictures if you choose. Please no more than 10.

c). All photographs must be raw images. That means do NOT edit them in anyway. You may crop the photos, but do nothing else to them. All photographs must be pictures that you have taken.

d). The portfolio must be completed by October 14 when you come to my classroom for the meeting. If you are sharing printed copies of your photos, you must have them with you. If you are sharing them via an Internet sharespace, they must be already on the web. Please make sure that you are able to access the website via the Internet at school. For instance: MySpace is not accessible at school; therefore, you cannot post your portfolio to MySpace.

If you have any questions, please stop by my room. Do not come during classes. You must see me between classes or before or after school.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everbody. My name is Sofia Mendez and I am a freshman. Right now i am running for vice-president of the JHS photography club. I am in love with photography. Ever since I was old enough to hold a camera I was taking pictures. My favorite subject to photograph are my dogs. They are always running around with their long hair blowing in the wind.
Lasy year was my first year of ever actually using my pictures for a reason other than personal enjoyment. I was one of the 2 student photographers in the Jacksonville Commons Middle School yearbook staff. You can see my work on almost every page. I could not have been more excited to see my work published.
Why should I be picked for vice-president? I am a hard worker who is very cooperative. I can handle tough decisions with ease and I am very picky when it comes to my pictures. I am also a good listener and very open to every type of critisism. I will always praise people for their good work and be caring when it is time to correct. Please choose me as your vice-president. I will stick to my word. Thank you!

Tatiana Rubow said...

Hello, bonjour, hola, my name is Tatiana Rubow and I am a freshman who is running for president of the photography club.
I have been taking photos for as long as i can remeber, and I have even gotten paid to do, i guess, a photoshoot for my cousins wedding.
You may not like me already just cause I AM a freshman but I'm fun to be around and also very open minded to everything around me. I find the good in everything, even a bad piture.
I work hard for what i want even though it may seem like I am just fooling around, when really I'm just planning what I'm going to do.
I hope you elect me president so you can actually see what i can do and how i can help this club.

(:

~Jordan Brownn~ said...

Hey Everyone!
Ok well first off my name is Jordan Brown. I am Junior here at Jacksonville and I would love to be the president of our new photography club. I am a Varsity Cheerleader for our fighting cardinals and a very easy person to get along with. I love to joke around and have a good time, but I definently know when it's time to be serious and get down to business. I am a very hard worker and have always loved taking pictures. I have always been very creative person. Since I was little I have been drawing and painting, hopeing that one day my work would make it big, but over the years I have taken a huge interest in Photography.
I think that I would be a great candidate and really hope to get your vote.
Thank you!
Jordan <3<3

emilygatts said...

Emily Gatts/Grade 11
I am running for President and Secretary. I believe i would be good for these positions because, taking photos has been my hobbie since i was little. it is also one of my greatest passions...In my portfolio you will find... a few of my favorite pictures i have taken, one is even my sisters senior picture. i would have to say my favorite thing to photograph is nature photos... i love to embrace the unique colors of my surrondings. when people say a photograph is bad, i could take that picture an point out the beauty in that photo. i thrive on critisism; it makes me want to get back out there and try to look for something better to capture in my camera lense. think i could show people how much fun photography is, and maybe it can become one of their passions as well.
so the reason why you should pick me for president or secretary, is because i want to show this club how important it is to me and how much it will benifit you.
That is my goal for the Photography Club.

**VOTE FOR ME**
-emily gatts

marrisa.rose said...

Shalom everybody, my name is Marrisa Rose and I am a freshamn running for vice president. I feel I can make a good v.p because I can get the job done and I can also make the club fun for everybody. I have a strong opinion on things but I can also listen to other people when they have good ideas.

I also really love photography. Ever since I was little I remember running around with my moms camera. Of course I was really short so I only took pictures of peoples knees but I still had fun doing it. Photography for me is a hobby and a way of life. Whenever I go somewhere and I see something that I think is beautiful or meaniningful I always say I want to take a picture of it....but sometimes I don't have my camera.

But about myself...
My name is Marrisa Rose and I am a freshman. I make very good grades and I always strive to do better. I play the violin and I absolutely love my instrument and my class. I have no pets but one day I would love to have a kitten. I don't do any sports but in 11th grade I want to do powder puff.

If you choose me for vice president you definitely won't regret it.

Thank you for reading this,
Marrisa Rose

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm Ashley Jones. I'm the biggest people person from here to end of the earth. I always find a way to put a smile on my face and others. I'm a senior and this is my fourth year in a journalism class. I lovee writing and taking pictures as well. I always try to capture moments in my life and the lives of those around me, for memory purposes. Photography Club, I think, is going to be a great learning experience for not just me, but all of us. I'm thrilled to be a member of this club. (: